About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

TO ALL WHO BEAR MY DNA


Today I decided to start my new endeavor, adding it to the all-ready stack of things to do before my clock stops ticking. I never seem to know what will act as a catalyst and today it was another poem ticking away in my attic.  When I first started writing, way back when just about all of my inspirations came from my own pain or the pain I envisioned others were having. 

From the bandstand I was able to see a myriad of life and lives in all stages of growth and decay.  One such observation brought about one of my songs, a touch of empathy I would suspect, mixed with the observation and fear of stepping on the wrong path.

That fool is Me, (http://ronsmarbles.blogspot.com/2018/03/that-fool-is-me.html  )

The spark today seemed to have hit much closer to home, causing me to do a priority check on my to-do list.  All of a sudden the items “get my children to forgive me” and “help anyone who cares, to know me” jumped up on the list by substantial numbers.



WHO ARE YOU © Ron Burres    3/18/2018

I stood there looking at him, quizzically

As if I had just recognized him from the past.

He seemed so different than when I had seen him last. 

His eyes had changed, they weren’t the same

It was like looking into a fire that had no flame.



He was much older than I remember

Such a change from spring to December

It always surprises me how we neglect to see

All those many things we don’t want to be

I guess it just so much easier if we just look



Today as I looked into his eyes

Into the depths of his heart and soul

I saw the pain of not knowing what best to do

The sorrow of lost chance smothered by time

Unable to show how much he loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment