About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

"THAT FOOL IS ME"


That Fool is Me
© Ron Burres
July 10, 1981 Wilsonville, OR



As I sit here alone on this barstool

And stare across at the mirror

I see the old face of a fool I once knew

Who now hangs his head in despair

(chorus) I wonder just what had to happen

                To  take the fire from his eyes

Was it the loneliness of all those years

Or just his tears when he cries

I see him through eyes blurred from drinkin’

And to many hours without sleep

I see the old face of a fool I once knew

Who seems to burnt to even care

(Who now seems to burnt to care)



His hair is all gray and matted

From sleepin’ outside in the streets

His coat is all torn and tattered

Lord, it looks like the one

Wrapped round me

(spoken) I watch him think back thru his years, His face it looks befuddled, as he tries to place where he’s at.

 I see the face of an old fool I once knew. I just can’t remember from where.






No comments:

Post a Comment