About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Palm Sunday reflection "THE BURDEN"


THE BURDEN

©Ron Burres, 2018

(thoughts of Palm Sunday)



I walked steadily along the way

My small hooves cushioned

Easing the weight upon my back

Humans crowding close to me

Shouting and yelling praises

As they covered my path that day



I noticed the trees all barren now

Their fronds strewn along my way

Once crowned and so adorned

Now stripped and standing naked

Foretelling what was preordained

That of Mankind being reborn again



Somehow I knew my reason for being

Was to bear this weight upon my back

An act destined before time began

That I should carry this sacrificial lamb

To give up His life and then to live again



The weight on my back seemed to lighten now

I realized how light my load compared to His

He would carry a cross covered in man’s sin

His precious blood spent in purchase of forgiveness

A heavy, heavy burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment