About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Friday, April 14, 2017

GOOD FRIDAY 2017


Another Good Friday (that makes 77 of them). This one turned a light on in my mind.  It seems strange that after so many years of going through the Easter and Lenten rigors of my Catholic upbringing and schooling, the message of what Christ endured had escaped me.  This week I made an effort to read the Gospel of Mark in which he spoke of the life of Christ on through the Crucifixion.  Today I read the part regarding His passion and the pain that he endured.

In the past in reading and listening to what took place in the last few hours of that phase of his life, it was always about the humiliation and the physical abuse our Lord went through.  Today it struck me just how much He must have loved us.  Throughout the teaching of Christ, his message was not only of looking toward the Father but He also was very emphatic about loving our neighbor.  Many of His parables spoke of those who cared for the welfare of others, the power of forgiveness and second chance.

Later on during the veneration of the Stations of the Cross, coupled with a message given earlier during service at the Vatican, a thought began to germinate in this old mind and heart.

The what Christ endured for certain has an impact but in reality that is the exclamation point to the fact of the amount of Love that it would require for any being to knowingly put themselves in a situation that horrific.  Christ did that to purchase forgiveness for us.  Christ allowed that to happen because he hated sin so much he could not allow sin to be victorious.  The pain and anguish he suffered was no doubt far less than what he experienced during his stay in hell prior to his resurrection.  Yet, foreseeing all that, He loved us, we sinners, so much that He gave Himself up as ransom.  He knew we were unable to earn Heaven without that payment.

I think His message is the same as it was during His life on earth as He forgave so many, the woman at the well, Mary Magdalene, and even those who brought about his execution.  Remember him calling out “Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.”  As we strive to follow His example, let me please do at least this much.

Let me hate only the sin and never the sinner.  Let me condemn only the sin and never the sinner.  Let me always know that I have a soul bought and paid for with the greatest love ever known to mankind.  Thank you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment