About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

CHOICES: DESIGN


 



 I remember my senior year in high school we all had to take an aptitude test and it seems I should have paid attention to the results.  The results of this test were disconcerting for me due to them showing my highest aptitude was in architecture and my second was in nursing.  I totally put the results into the discard advice part of my life.  Architecture was out of the question because I would have to be good at math and geometry. My grades were evidence to the possibility of  success in this field would be minimal at best.  Nursing of course was totally out of the question because that was a woman's work. (my how things have changed).  
It's interesting how the little things in life can effect major results and decisions.  The actions of one teacher in high school algebra class, coupled with my lack of confidence and search for approval, stopped my growth in the understanding and application of math which put an end to a career in architecture.  For a period of time.
Long story shortened to hmmmm.  Life's circumstances herded me into jobs that led me into building custom homes which made learning design criteria part of a natural progression.  I eventually succumbed to a passion for designing homes for everyday people.  Homes, that would give everyone a chance to have more than they originally thought possible.  I hope my new endeavor will do the same.


My Signature Home Designs will start with some of my best designs, from years past, acting as concepts with improved amenities and traffic patterns.  Hope you will enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment