About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

EASTER THOUGHTS 2013


It seems so easy, after so many years to think one knows all there is to know about Easter. It is s easy to know what and how to contemplate the blessing bestowed on us by the Father.  I awoke this morning hours before I needed to, unable to return to sleep, rappelling back down through my own history.  The theme of thought was primarily one of all the times in life that I had chances and cause to forgive others for trespasses against me and of all the times my actions begged for the forgiveness of others.  We Christians generally look at Easter and the Resurrection simply as a pathway to salvation through grace.  God is hardly one to do anything without the presence of a life lesson or direction on how best to live our lives.  Enclosed within the envelope of His Gift are lessons to be learned by His example.
God loves us regardless of our failures, our inadequacies and our outright lack of respect.  He showed us that in our inability to comply with the covenants between Him and His chosen peoples, mankind would never make it into Heaven. The transformation of law and edict into the pure example of His love in the act of forgiveness also involves our honesty in admitting our failure and the humbleness required to ask for forgiveness.  The ability to accept the Gift is another requirement.  This requires that we leave pride at the foot of Christ’s cross. We need to accept His forgiveness.  God has shown us through example how we are to relate to our neighbors, not the emotion of love but love as an action.  How difficult it would be for any of us to sacrifice our own child for the life of another person, especially if it involved the horrendous tortures as endured in the death of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is through love of our neighbor, strangers, friends and family that we need to grasp the ability to forgive.  We are unable to live our lives in such a way that we need not ask for our own forgiveness. We require that petition.  We truly need to use the lessons of Easter. We all require forgiveness and we are all asked to forgive others.  God has shown us the extent to which pure love will go for the action of love and the act of forgiveness. 
If you need forgiveness ask. Give it before being asked.  As the Father gave us example, be an example to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment