About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What has happened to unity


Our nation is facing one of its most critical junctures since the Civil War period.  We have distinct attitudinal differences about the direction our country should be heading.  We have a portion of our society that believes our past history shows us as an evil entity, as a country built upon periods of time that we need not, nor can we, look upon them with any semblance of pride.   We have a choice between groveling in the muck of the past or being led out of the mire by visions of greatness made possible by honest dissertation of the good inherent in our people.
The last few decades have shown our country changing direction in to a place that is preventing us from achieving a positive outcome.  We see the failure of so many facets in our society, government, education and financial.  Instead of leaders who seek real solutions through honest study of root cause we find those who give lip service to political expediency.  We have not seen any Washington’s, Jefferson’s, or Lincolns who have the leadership quality of conviction and the inner fire to make us rise as one to answer the challenge.  Replacing the unity of our greatest days is a great fragmentation into groups seeking not the greater good but rather the greed of what’s in it for me.  The ethics of the past have eroded.  A growing proportion of our society no longer looks at their position in life as a matter of self-actualization but as a result of someone or something outside of their realm of responsibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment