About Me

My photo
United States
Why Marbles My 1st blog attempt Was an answer to a promise I made to my eldest son when I handed him a jar full of marbles. The marbles were from a collection saved by my mother over the years of my childhood, and I must admit that if left to me I would have already lost all of my marbles. My son asked if I could jot down some of the ways these marbles were used I told him I would write down as much as I could remember and send it to him later. I am the supreme procrastinator of all time which resulted in him sending me a reminder at which time he promised not to lose my marbles and I reassured him that I would get busy and tell him and his children how the beautiful round bits of glass and minerals were used for amusement and competition. My Response2 blog arose out of frustration with the attitudes and lack of respect for our country, our traditional ethics, and educational system. Rons Lyrics and Poetry started just because my scribbles needed a place to rest.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Racial Anger 2011


Focus on the ills of our society through the prism of anger, payback and get even, cannot change the past or fill the need to achieve greatness.  Our country is in need of cohesiveness and what we have is divisiveness.  
My viewpoints on life have always been colored by the educational lens of Sociology and Psychology.  My belief that a society is merely an oversized persona made up of individual beliefs and attitudes in constant flux, seems truer as my time goes by.  Today’s American society is similar to an individual with a slow acting virus in which the illness (although progressing slowly at first) gains its dominance in the body.  Eventually without adequate treatment the body is prone to weakness and eventually death.  Today our society is infected with anger, hatred, selfishness, greed and idolatry.  Most feel that they deserve more than they have, feel anger toward those that have more, feel hatred toward those whose ancestors did their ancestors wrong, and their form of idolatry is whatever ideology to which they adhere.
Those who migrated to our nation originally, (other than those who were indigenous), came because of a need for religious freedom, they worked hard and suffered to achieve a better state of life for their children.  They achieved this not through hatred, but through a strong sense of hope, faith and a belief that things could be better if an effort were made.  
Mistakes were made in the course of our country’s advance in its place in World History.  Those mistakes were generally a result of the same failures that we as individuals make.  Fear, hatred and greed caused the genocide of the indigenous people (although not completely) greed and a need for cheap labor brought the sad practice of slavery.  It was bad enough that those sicknesses invaded our national soul at that time, but to let those things take away from the healing process is as large a crime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment